With expertise in historic preservation, marketing, visitor attraction and sustainable business development, Principal Cathy McCollom works with communities to develop and implement asset-based programs intended to contribute to overall prosperity. The custom programs are typically based on outdoor recreational opportunities and heritage tourism concepts.
- Our signature service: a custom, asset-based sustainable community program that includes economic development and marketing strategies (many clients have sought to position themselves as trail towns, river towns, and canal towns, with McCollom Development Strategies working with community leaders to implement their programs.)
- Event management including summits, conferences, workshops, FAM tours, and seminars to educate community residents and business owners on outdoor recreation and heritage tourism as proven economic engines
- Strategic, business, and marketing planning for nonprofit organizations
- Meeting facilitation
- Market research, including focus groups and stakeholder interviews
- Visitor attraction strategies, community branding, and marketing services